Friday, May 8, 2009

This weekend seems like it's going to be pretty nice so I'm going to use it to my advantage...and do a photoshoot. A couple years ago I went to this place about an hour outside of portland and stumbled upon an abandoned logging building (I'm not sure what the correct term is), but it's right next to a lake with a big cement trench leading into it. It appears as if it had been burt down quite some time ago and all that was left was the stone walls; no doors, no windows, no roof. Just the outer inner shell. From the outside, it was really nothing special, but the inside was somewhat astonishing. There was a little forrest growing on the inside, big trees had grown and were reaching all the way up the walls, forming a canopy rooftop. There was grass and flowers on the ground, and the walls were covered in grafitti. All the cavities (where windows used to be) proved to be a great light source on a sunny day, and ever since I saw this place I have been dying to take photos of something in it, but never got around to it. So this project inspired me to finally do it. I really want to do a fashion magazine, so I was thinking about doing an on-location photoshoot here (and later in other places)-and test out my photography skills. It should be fun, and I can't wait to see the result! I'll post up pictures when I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment